A managed private cloud with the guarantee that your data remains in Belgian data centres.
A private cloud can be a good solution when you want more control over where your data is stored, if you have certain applications that you do not want or cannot run in the public cloud, or if you are required by regulations to choose a private cloud environment.
Arxus has a fully redundant private cloud: the Arxus cloud. For this, we use our own spaces and infrastructure in three Belgian Tier 3 data centres, which are connected to each other with a state-of-the-art fibre-optic network.
Our private cloud is based on fully redundant data centre architecture, offers high availability, and has no single point of failure.
This architecture allows you as a customer to be sure that all data centres you use are constantly connected with dual point-to-point DWDM technology. This ensures that we can integrate all data centres in a redundant cloud environment seamlessly in a logical and unique virtual data centre architecture.
The data centres are geographically distributed anyway, so that this too meets certain rules and regulations on business continuity and disaster recovery.
We standardise our physical infrastructure in each data centre with carefully selected components. This means that the installed infrastructure in each data centre is an exact copy of the other. We use leading and reliable suppliers, such as Cisco and NetApp, as the basis for our architecture. This ensures that we can automate the roll-out and management of our basic infrastructure substantially.
The physical computing and storage infrastructure is based on Cisco / NetApp FlexPod reference architecture. It is a pre-validated platform built on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Cisco Nexus and NetApp data management solutions.
This allows us to create an agile platform with high availability and scalable storage. Compute clusters and SAN structures are centralised (data centre-bound) and are not spread across data centres, with each of their components present in an N+N configuration.
This ensures that you as a customer can have high-availability and fault-tolerant flash/SSD storage per data centre.
For our network infrastructure, we standardise each data centre on reliable network technology from Cisco. Network components can be divided into four main groups: LAN, Edge, inter-data centre connectivity and load balancing.
- The LAN backbone components are based on Cisco Nexus switches. These provide broad connectivity support, high bandwidths and low latency. Arxus has implemented Cisco FabricPath, allowing the easy roll-out of multi-data centre networks for environments that require high availability and without the known shortcomings of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Edge connectivity consists of a combination of Cisco ASA and Nexus network components that provide high bandwidth, low latency, multi-layer protection and Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) security features.
- The inter-data centre connectivity is based on a Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) solution. We install this technology on a private managed dark fibre that connects the different data centres with each other. DWDM helps us to transmit different types of traffic at high speeds (> 40 Gbps) across the dark fibre network.
- Load balancing consists of redundant and highly available Citrix NetScaler solutions spread across our data centres. This makes load balancing possible of simple IP/Port combinations to layer 7 of the OSI model. Our load balancing solution can be used at various levels within our LAN/WAN architecture and is suitable for SSL offloading, geo load balancing, compression and advanced Web Application Firewalling (WAF).
An optimal protection of your data and infrastructure is crucial. So at Arxus we take security very seriously.
We have ISO 27001 certification for data protection and ensure maximum security at various levels tailored to the needs of your business or organisation.
With our managed service packs, we provide for the monitoring, administration, maintenance and security of your cloud services. Both in our private cloud as well as on Azure. We focus on your cloud services so that you can focus on your business.
- Maximum service: Our motto is simple: ‘there is no traffic jam along the extra mile’. We are a managed cloud service provider, so we do all we can to relieve you completely of everything to do with your cloud environment.
- Flexible contracts: Your situation may change overnight. We serve your interests. Our flexible contracts change along with the needs of your company.
- Transparency: Take advantage of our cloud management portal and gain access to a detailed understanding of the services you purchase, your uptime and your costs.
- Proactive monitoring: Your applications, infrastructure and all intermediate layers are closely monitored and guarded 24/7. We intervene proactively if something threatens to go wrong.
- 24/7 local support: You get 24/7 support in your own language from our local Arxus cloud experts.
Would you like to know how our private cloud can make your business more competitive? We will be pleased to tell you.