Would you like to be the first point of contact for our customers and handle all their network questions about their cloud environment? Would you like to build, implement and manage efficient and optimal cloud solutions?
- you will join a team of about eight people who offer second-line support to our customers.
- you are the first point of contact for our customers and you handle their questions about their cloud environment.
- you set priorities and determine which questions or messages should be passed on and which ones you will handle yourself.
- you will be trained as a cloud specialist who builds, implements, manages and monitors efficient and optimal cloud solutions.
- you support internal automation projects with the help of PowerShell scripting or other automation tools such as Ansible.
- in the long-term, you choose a specialisation with a focus on Azure, Office 365, networks, security etc.
- after that, you get six months of on-the-job cloud training in preparation for joining one of our specialist teams.
- that you have a degree with a focus on IT
- that you have preferably already gained two or three years of experience in the IT sector
- that you foster a broad interest in cloud technology and also want to grow further in this
- that you have at least a basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- that you have experience with PowerShell scripting or cannot wait to work with it
- that you have strong soft skills and can speak to customers in an empathic manner
- that you have a problem-solving and analytical mind
- that you are proactive and enlist the help of colleagues when necessary
- that your knowledge of Microsoft Identity Manager and SQL is an immediate advantage
- A permanent job: we take some time to see what sort of person we are dealing with, but then we give more certainty than a real estate investment.
- The things that are simply essential ingredients these days: a competitive salary, a mobility budget that you can spend as you see fit, fringe benefits such as a meal allowance, hospitalisation and group insurance and 12 ADV (overtime worked in lieu) days.
- The chance to be truly engaged with technology and innovation. Because after all, that is exactly what we do every day. Trying to be a step ahead of the rest.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing dynamic company, with a pleasant team of colleagues who let off steam at least once a month in various team events (think: barbecues, VR gaming, karting, LAN parties, Innovation Nights etc.).
- A non-stop learning and growth process thanks to education, national and international exhibitions, conferences and knowledge sharing in the office. Hopefully you still have enough free space on your internal hard disk.
- The advantages of a smaller company and a larger organisation (aka De Cronos Groep): We have a flat organisational structure, but at the same time, we benefit from the economies of scale that a group of 370 companies and nearly 5,000 employees can offer us.
- The Cronos Care package: a comprehensive package of free offers (did we mention that there are free massages?), concessionary prices and great discounts on all kinds of things, in conjunction with a mobility package and fun corporate events.
We are not like other companies. And our employees even less so. We dare to be different.
We have a soft spot for people who do not fit into a particular category. Or who do not want to. People who can work smoothly in a team, but who are independent enough to self-manage projects without the training wheels. People who are serious about their job, but a lot less serious outside their job.
People who just want to be (or are) themselves.
Hello, I'm Bo!
In the video below i'll quickly run you through our recruitment process. That way you know what you can expect after you apply.
Have questions? Not sure about anything? Don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Not sure if this is the right job for you? Make sure to check the rest of our jobs or apply spontaneously.