Arxus is a managed cloud service provider in full expansion. We offer our customers a wide range of high-quality cloud solutions and help them with the digital challenges they face.
To support our strong growth and to guarantee a unique customer experience, we are looking for a Junior Network Engineer. Are you that dude or chick with an insane passion for network infrastructure? Then quickly send your resume and let us know that you would like to meet us.
As a junior network engineer...
- you end up in a young and dynamic team of around 8 people that offers second line support to our customers
- you are the first point of contact for our customers and you treat the network questions they have about their cloud environment with enthusiasm
- set your priorities and determine which questions or notifications must be passed on and which you handle yourself
- you will be trained to become a cloud network specialist who builds, implements, manages and monitors efficient and optimal connections
- you know better than anyone how to maintain the continuity of the network infrastructure
- you can monitor problems and optimise networks with your eyes closed or are keen to learn it
- you support internal automation projects with the help of Python Scripting or other automation tools (Ansible)
- we’re happy to help you choose a specialisation in the long term with a focus on Azure, Office 365, networks or others.
- you don't mind having to cancel your weekend movie night every five weeks or so because you are "on duty" in the standby team.
Our ideal candidate...
- has left school recently (read: just now or in recent years) and is ready to take that first or next step in his/her career
- is still incredibly proud of that beautiful piece of paper that proudly declares him/her a Bachelor or Master in IT
- has a broad interest in cloud technology and networking and wants to grow further in this domain
- has gained some knowledge about Firewalls (Access lists, IPS, NAT and Site-to-Site), but at the same time also knows a thing or two about routing (CCNA or ICND) ), load balancing and the OSI Model (Layers 1 through 7). We don’t expect you to know everything yet, but the more you know, the better!
- has at least heard of Azure / AWS and can tell us something about it
- would like to get started with Python Scripting (or even has experience)
- does not shy away from talking to customers and reassuring them when needed. Read: we would it immensely if our future colleague has a customer-oriented and empathetic character
- has a problem-solving and analytical mind
- is proactive and calls in the help of colleagues when necessary
- you will receive support from your buddy from day one (a colleague who knows the job and knows all things Arxus)
- you work from our office in Kontich or Lummen, with a fun team
- you get the opportunity to grow non-stop thanks to our K-rear program, all kinds of on-the-job education and training
- you get to work independently on projects after a year
- you end up in an organisation with a flat structure, where there’s a no-nonsense atmosphere and initiative is strongly encouraged
- you get a lot of variety, because you come into contact with different technologies, with all our customers and with all our services
- you are part of a company in full expansion within De Cronos Group, consisting of more than 400 companies and 6,000 employees.
- you will become a “Cronosite” and you can enjoy the Cronos Care Package with free offers, competitive prices and nice discounts, but also a mobility package and you can participate in fun monthly team events.